Author Topic: Short Story - The Hidden Room  (Read 2729 times)

Daniela4Luv

• Host
  • Prolific Cerebrationist Zentimetre Ruler
  • Dani
    • The Secret Garden
Short Story - The Hidden Room
« on: February 18, 2010, 03:39:32 AM »

The Hidden Room

She had finally arrived and, for a moment, everything stood still. Her mind projected a memory: fallen leaves from a tree; the wind blows gently, for her mind drifts to a far away place -- a place she had once been before. A place she knew well. She precedes to walk forward as she walks towards him. She feels light, like the first snowfall that winter. This was no dream. She had remembered the last time they had spent together -- right before Summer ended. 

"In desperation he had impatiently awaited her arrival ."

She, grasping her luggage in one hand and, he, a bouquet of roses in his...she stands before him. And all he could do is stare at her. He comes to his senses and hands her the bouquet of roses. "Here, these are for you!" he says as he penetrates in thought -- as if he was looking right through her and underneath her clothing; remembering what a sight for sore eyes she was -- Remembering the last time he touched her. He swiftly looks away, he feels a bit embarrassed, and noticed that she seemed a little uncomfortable, too. She smiles with a soft and gentle smile; her lips perfectly-shaped and pained a strawberry-wine color. Gazing at him, he has a twinkle in his eye about him. "Thank You" she replies. He smiles.

Once Upon A Time, they were soulfully connected as one.

Becoming familiar and reacquainted they, once again, share an intimacy from the past. Dejavu.. Or? Perhaps forbidden fruits? She knew things were different. "They both did."  But, still, a strong connection to this union. It was deeply felt! Of course, they once knew each other. That explains it. Right? Sure. Of course it does. At least that is what they wanted so desperately to believe. "That things would be the same." We all know that 'nothing stays the same' ...especially with so many years past and a many distances away! That afternoon was quietly spent as he painted her toenails and he caressingly bathed her with his loving and gentle hands -- like he once did when they were young and in love -- many, many years ago. Twenty-five years to be exact.

"The feeling of Nostalgia chilled throughout her body- she felt numb."  

Feeling adored and pampered, like a baby with a freshly powered buttocks, after a pamper change. She couldn't help but to momentarily drift as she recalls the many joyous days spent, laughing, in the sun, and playfully joking around. She bites her bottom lip in amazement and thrilled of the thought of her being loved by him, as he once did. "A dream come true." BUT there is a saying, WATCH WHAT YOU WISH FOR. She was also thinking on how time changes everything. But the one thing that didn't change was the "curiosity" of the boy she once knew that seemed rather enigmatic, and the man that grew up to be even more so. They make love.

Hours pass into night. The countless passions and numerous of times spent. They were famished. He decided it was time to eat something. He excused and removed himself from the room as she silently layed in a catatonic state - a bit overwhelmed for "the love" they had once shared was a "special" kind of love that is "forever" remembered and "never" forgotten. She never forgot about him. She was hoping that she wasnt going to regret it. Was she? She seemed a bit worried. A bit TOO preoccupied.

As he was fishing for a late dinner.. perhaps a midnight snack of a dinner missed...she found herself with nothing to do but for her wandering mind to wander. She reenacts the moment she landed and their eyes met. They had traveled for about an hour or so, the airport, now, at a far distance, had disappeared into dust. They sweetly held hands for most of the way, she, quietly looking out of the car's window at the passing trees and beautiful scenery. They had approached and finally arrived on the street on where he lived, a Cul-de-sac, with trees and Victorian-like homes. They pulled up to a house similar to an Amittyville horror. She thought nothing of it then. She was in a daze. Now it comes to mind on how spooky it seemed. The feeling she got, even up to when he opened the front door. The squeaking of the door didnt help much. But perhaps he being the Gentleman Caller that he is, was what was so distracting. He also had gotten out of the vehicle to come around to open the passenger's door for her. Who knows. It could have also been his sparkling eyes and the effect that he has always had on her. A Charmer? Indeed. 

NOTE: If I could only write would make this an interesting TRUE story (and I have edited this story and added a few more lines.. because it was embarrassing on how it was written. Not that this is any better. Meh. ) MORE TO COME.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:30:18 AM by Daniela4Luv »
"I am a musical poet for every song that I sing. Lyrically speaking, that is..."

Daniela4Luv

• Host
  • Dani
    • The Secret Garden
Re: Short Story - The Hidden Room
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 06:17:37 AM »
I have rearranged a few line sentences it didnt sound right after rereading it. As I go I will probably keep doing that..
"I am a musical poet for every song that I sing. Lyrically speaking, that is..."

Jubi

• Host
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 02:36:27 AM »
Can't wait to read the rest .  It sounds wonderful :)
To accept yourself is to love yourself :)

Daniela4Luv

• Host
  • Dani
    • The Secret Garden
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 06:12:59 AM »
I have rearranged a few line sentences it didnt sound right after rereading it. As I go I will probably keep doing that..
   :-[  YET AGAIN... (a forgotten story) .........  :i

And, Thank You Jubi :)

PS... I fixed a few things and changed it around to make better sense.  I was wayward and all over the place, talking abckwards. rofl :g