mindbending

Author Topic: Recording with windows 8  (Read 1839 times)

Gman75

• Grand High Exhalted Mystic Ruler
  • Gaaaaatahs!!! Chomp, Chomp!!
    • FaceBook
Recording with windows 8
« on: November 08, 2013, 12:28:59 PM »
I have been struggling with this for almost a month, my new HP pc was not recognizing my mixer. Finally HP has told me that my mixer is analog and my computer is digital. I need a USB analog digital interface converter. Hope this helps anyone out there with the same issues. I know, I know "get a Mac" is what everyone has been telling me, way out of my price range tho...... :'(
Gordie

"Music can change the world because it can change people"- Bono

CerebralJam

• Administrator
  • Almighty Blethering Dipstick!
  • Everyone's a fluffy one!
Re: Recording with windows 8
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »
Thanks for this, Gordie.  It's something I probably would have found out when I go to upgrade my old XP Windows set up.

I just did a Google search and found listings for digital mixer usb audio interface and obviously depending on the mixer you have, it might not break the bank!

My daughter now has a Lenovo all in one media centre type computer...it's really, really nice :D  My laptop was a Lenovo and I loved it.  She is saying it's fast, keyboard nice, etc etc and she's on Windows 8.  Doesn't sing though?  :D 

For my next place I really wanna  get into my music in a more interactive way, with the digital piano/guitar/uke/violin - all instruments I can't play but mean to get round to learning.  An all in one takes up so little room, I'm very tempted.  Especially with my blue screen every time I try and record/backstep in snap issue.  Could be my webcam but yeah, my aging, overstuffed technology is trying to tell me something.

I'd love an Apple/Mac but... I still think software for pc's come cheaper - what do I know? :D  I'd still consider both.

Your information here is very helpful.  Good luck with getting that converter too - all things are possible, and probably a lot cheaper than buying a new mixer.  Having said that, the price I paid for my Alesis has been the best, most well used, frivolous investment in my entire life! 
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser. John W Gardner

Gman75

• Grand High Exhalted Mystic Ruler
  • Gaaaaatahs!!! Chomp, Chomp!!
    • FaceBook
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 03:12:37 PM »
Whoops, not so fast Gordo! New message from SS recording support: Help, now I'm really confused  ??? ???

Somewhat, but I'm not sure that is entirely correct. The reason that mic playback isn't supported is due to the fact that all sound is digital and the mic input is analog. There should be an option to "Listen to" the mic, but it will have a bad delay. The conversion from analog to digital is causing the delay. However, most USB mics act as their own sound device. I'm not sure what they might be referring to when they say you need a converter. You might try and ask for more information about that.

Rob
Gordie

"Music can change the world because it can change people"- Bono

CerebralJam

• Administrator
  • Almighty Blethering Dipstick!
  • Everyone's a fluffy one!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 06:28:06 AM »
LOL!  I'm not sure I understood a word of that?   :i  :g
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser. John W Gardner